Donald Hsu, PharmD
Department Chair, Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
College of Pharmacy
Pharm.D. 2003 Western University of Health Sciences
Pharmacy Practice 2004 University of Southern California Infectious Diseases 2005 University of Southern California
St. Joseph Hospital 1100 West Stewart Drive Orange, CA 92863-5600
The medicine clerkship is designed to provide various clinical experiences necessary to prepare students to become entry level practitioners. The students will be involved in direct patient care activities in an inpatient setting and will have opportunities to work with other health care professionals. The students are expected to serve as an integral member of the multidisciplinary health care team to provide drug therapy to patients.
Dr. Hsu's clinical and research interests are in the area of infectious diseases.
- Hong M, Bounthavong M, Hsu DI. Ceftolozane/tazobactam: a novel antipseudomonal cephalosporin and β-lactamase inhibitor combination. Infect Drug Resist 2013; 6:215-223.
- Bounthavong M, Hsu DI. Cost-effectiveness of linezolid in MRSA skin and skin-structure infections. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 2012; 12:683-698.
- Bach T, Hsu DI, Bounthavong M. Present and emerging therapies for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin and soft-tissue infection: focus on iclaprim. Clin Med Rev Ther 2011; 3.
- Schwartzman E, Hsu DI, Law AV, Chung EP. Assessment of patient communication skills during OSCE: Examining effectiveness of a training program in minimizing inter-grader variability. Patient Educ Couns 2011
- Wong SF, Lindgren T, Hsu DI, Tran G. Low dose gemcitabine plus cisplatin in previously treated, relapsed Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Am J Hemat 2003; 73: 298.
- Hsu DI, Murthy R, Okamoto M, Wong-Beringer A. Fluoroquinolone-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa: risk factors for acquisition and associated outcomes. J Antimicrob Chemother 2005; 55(4): 535-41
- Beringer P, Huyng K, Kriengkauykiat J, Bi L, Hoem N, Louie S, Han E, Nguyen T, Hsu DI, et al. Absolute Bioavailability and Intracellular Pharmacokinetics of Azithromycin in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2005 49: 5013-5017