Ph.D., Pharmacokinetics & Drug Metabolism Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow & Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, India, 2001
M.S., Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, India, 1996
B.S., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, India, 1994
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2001-2004
Senior Research Fellowship (Council For Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India) at the Central Drug Research Institute, India, 1997 - 2001.
Research fellowship from the World health Organization under the Onchocerciasis Research Program, 1996 - 1997.
Junior Research Fellowship (University Grants Commission, Govt. of India) at the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, India, 1994 - 1996.
Assistant Professor, Basic Medical Sciences, COMP, Western University of Health Sciences, 2010-present
Project Manager, Applied Biopharmaceutics, Raleigh, NC, 2009-2010
Manager Biopharmaceutics, Watson Laboratories, Inc. Corona, CA, 2006-2009
Manager, Department of Biopharmaceutics, Sandoz, Inc. Wilson, NC, 2004-2006
IDIT: Principles of pharmacokinetics, absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion, quantitative pharmacology Endocrine System: antidiabetics, calcium homeostasis, glucocorticoids, thyroid and lipid-lowering agents.
Interested in nano-engineering technology to deliver therapeutic agents to the eye and CNS to address neurodegenerative and infectious diseases. Develop a preclinical pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic research program to study the pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic outcomes of therapeutic agents utilizing the nano-drug delivery technology. Development and validation of bioanalytical assays to quantify drug concentrations in biological fluids for drug metabolism studies. Future interest in developing target drug delivery systems using nano-technology.
- Yanamandra S, Venkatesan N, Kadajji V G, Wang Z, Issar M, Betageri G V. Proliposomes as a drug delivery system to decrease the hepatic first-pass metabolism: case study using a model drug. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci., 64: 26-36, 2014.
- Arya V, Demarco VG, Issar M and Hochhaus G. Contrary to adult, neonatal rast show pronounced brain uptake of corticosteroids. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006 Jun;34(6):939-42.
- Issar M, Sahasranaman S, Buchwald P and Hochhaus G. Glucocorticoid to Progesterone Receptor Selectivities of Inhaled glucocorticoids. Eur Respir J. 2006 Mar;27(3):511-6.
- Sahasranaman S, Issar M and Hochhaus G. Metabolism of Memetasone Furoate and Biological Activity of the Metabolites. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006 Feb;34(2):225-33.
- Arya V, Issar M, Wang Y, Talton JD and Hochhaus G. Günther Hochhaus, Brain Permeability of Inhaled Corticosteroids. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006 Feb;34(2):225-33.
- Sahasranaman S, Issar M, Tóth G, Horváth G and Hochhaus G. Characterization of degradation products of mometasone furoate, Pharmazie. 2004 May;59(5):367-73.
- Issar M, Sahasranaman S and Hochhaus G. Differences in selectivity of Inhaled Glucocorticoids (IGCs) to the Glucocorticoid Receptors (GR). Poster presentation at the 60th Annual meeting for American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, San Francisco, 2004.
- Issar M and Hochhaus G. Is the binding of inhaled glucocorticoids (IGCs) to the glucocorticoid receptors (GR) specific? Poster presentation at the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Annual Meeting, Utah 2003.
- Issar M, Sahasranaman S and Hochhaus G. Why does mometasone furoate exhibit low systemic exposure after oral inhalation. Poster presentation at 32nd American College of Clinical Pharmacology Annual Meeting, Sep 21-23, Westin Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Tampa, FL, 2003.
- Issar M, Sahasranaman S and Hochhaus G. How specific is the binding of inhaled glucocorticoids to glucocorticoid receptors? Poster presentation, 16th Annual research showcase and awards recognition day, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, April 10th, 2003.
- Arya V, Sahasranaman S, Issar M, DeMarco V, Shrestha S and Hochhaus G, Role of P-glycoprotein transporters in the Brain Permeability of Triamcinolone Acetonide Phosphate (TAP), Graduate Student Forum, University of Florida, April 1st, 2003.
- Relationship between pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, in Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, McGraw Hill, 7th Edition, edited by Shargel and Yu. (Published 2016)
- Manish Issar, Ph.D and Leon Shargel, Ph.D, Bioavailability of Drugs and Bioequivalence in the Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, 4th Edition, Informa Healthcare, England, UK; edited by James Swarbrick. 2013.
- Manish Issar, Ph.D and Leon Shargel, Ph.D, Bioavailability and bioequivalence in Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, 8th edition, Wolters Kluwer, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Chapter 7, 2012
- Manish Issar, Ph.D, Jeffery G. Stark, Ph.D and Leon Shargel, Ph.D. Pharmacodynamic measurements for determination of BE. Generic Drug Product Development: BIOEQUIVALENCE ISSUES. Chapter 4, Marcel Dekker Inc., 2008.
- Manish Issar, Cary Mobley, Patricia Khan, Günther Hochhaus. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics of drugs delivered to the lungs. Pharmaceutical Inhalation Aerosol Technology, 2nd edition, Revised and expanded, Chapter 7, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2003.