DNP Plans & Post-Masters Certificates
Educating outstanding and compassionate advanced practice nurses and nurse leaders.
Request More Information
Comprehensive preparation for a meaningful career in nursing.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice provides comprehensive preparation for nursing at the highest level of practice preparing students to apply and evaluate clinical evidence, designing systems of care delivery that are locally acceptable, economically feasible, and have significant impact on determinants of health and outcomes. Advance your career in health care administration, nursing education, advanced practice nursing, and more.
The Post-Masters Certificate programs offer registered nurses with a master’s or doctoral degree a seamless progression to further their career and pursue board certification in one of three pathways: Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Why Choose WesternU?
- Highest level of accreditation for all programs from the professional accrediting body for nursing, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Board of Registered Nursing approved.
- Opportunity to be selected for loan forgiveness or stipends in some programs.
- Transition courses can be credited to the post-master’s Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Certificate programs: eligible for national certification.
Points of Excellence College of Graduate Nursing
• Culture of Humanism and Health Equity
• First online MSN-FNP program in the nation (1997)
• First entry level Masters of Nursing in California (2004)
CGN’s Philosophy for Nursing Leadership and Lifelong Learning.
We envision healthy people and a healthy society where CGN is an innovative catalyst, educating highly-valued nursing professionals who are recognized as forward thinkers, system partners, advocates, and LEADERS FOR LIFE.