iPad Air 2 devices are available for checkout to WesternU students, faculty, and staff at the Harriet K. & Philip Pumerantz Library.
Checking Out an iPad
To check out an iPad you will need:
- Your WesternU ID badge
- A completed iPad Lending Agreement (pdf)
Items included in the Checkout:
- iPad Air 2 with cover
- Lightning to USB cable
- USB power adapter
- Carrying case
Note: All items must be present for staff to check in
How Long Can I Keep It?
1 week, with 1 renewal (must bring iPad to library for renewal)
What If I Return It Late?
$10 late fee per day applies
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Fees:
|Lightning to USB cable||$25.00|
|USB power adapter||$25.00|
- Blackboard Mobile Learn (have to log out)
- Dental Dictionary- Dentistry Terms & Definitions
- DynaMed (library provided)
- Google Docs (have to log out)
- Google Sheets (have to log out)
- Lexicomp (library provided)
- Medical Dictionary- Healthcare Terminology
- Medscape (have to log out)
- Micromedex suite- IBM Drug Ref, Interactions, Compatibility, NeoFax, Pediatrics (library provided)
- Nursing Dictionary- Medical and Drug Definitions
- Visible Body (library provided)
- VisualDx (library provided)
Can I add apps to the iPad?
› No, you are not able to add apps
If there is an app that isn’t on the iPad, could you add it for me?
› We can’t add apps on the spot because it has to go through IT, but we welcome your suggestions.
Can I place a hold on an iPad?
› No, iPads are available on a first come, first served basis
Will my personal information/logins be automatically logged out?
› No, you will have to make sure everything is logged out when you return the iPad
What features are not available on the iPads?
› iBooks, iTunes, Mail, Music, TV