CDHP Registration Process
We encourage students to apply for accommodations upon acceptance into their College as to begin the interactive process early, however, applications for accommodations may be submitted at any time. The review process can take up to six weeks. All requests are reviewed and determined in a timely manner. Below is the step-by-step process for requesting accommodations. Remember, your inquiry is confidential, and students are welcome to obtain general information about accessibility without registering.
- Complete and submit the electronic Student Intake Form.
- Provide documentation of a disability. Please follow guidelines outlined in the Requirements for Disability Documentation section.
- Discuss with Harris Family Center for Disability and Health Policy (CDHP), your need for accommodations, services, and barriers you may experience.
- If you do not have current or complete documentation of a disability, CDHP will work with you to locate providers in the area for resources.
- Through an interactive process, CDHP will work with you to do the following:
- Determine if you meet the criteria for disability.
- Discuss potential accommodations to address any barriers to the curriculum or clinical practicum.
- Ensure that any requested accommodations are reasonable and that they do not alter an essential feature of the curriculum or technical standards of your program.
- Meet with the Associate Director. During this initial meeting the Associate Director will determine your eligibility for services and identify reasonable and appropriate academic accommodations.
- Official Registration with our office. At the conclusion of this meeting, you will be officially registered with our office and CDHP will email the designated College Accommodation Liaison (CAL) an Accommodation Memo stating your approved accommodations and you will be copied on the email.
- Accommodations are valid for the duration of the student’s program, unless otherwise stated on the Accommodation Memo.
- Students request for accommodations that are not granted may follow the student academics grievance procedure.
CDHP reviews each case, taking into account each student’s self-report of disability, functional limitation, and known or anticipated barriers. In addition, CDHP will review the documentation and, if needed, consult with expert clinicians and program directors to determine if requests challenge technical or program standards.
Please note, CDHP will need to notify your college at least three business days in advance to implement your approved academic accommodations.
CDHP is available to assist the student and faculty with the implementation of the accommodation if needed. Should difficulties arise in the administration of any accommodation, the student should reach out to CDHP immediately. Students can request a re-evaluation of their accommodations or request new accommodations at any time during their academic program. For some new requests, additional documentation may be necessary. As with initial accommodation requests, new accommodation requests will be evaluated using the same process.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.