WesternU / About WesternU / Protected: Designing WesternU’s Future / Steering Committee
The Committee will advise the President on positioning the University for strength in the coming decade by:
- Using situational analysis, informed by research data, to identify institutional and college-level challenges and opportunities in the internal and external environment.
- Prioritizing areas for short- and long-term investment.
- Intentionally building an ethnically, racially, and culturally diverse healthcare workforce of excellence through collaborations and strategic partnerships to improve the quality and delivery of healthcare nationally and globally.
- Developing criteria and benchmarks for assessing progress toward WesternU’s strategic goals.
The committee will fulfill its charge by:
- Developing a roadmap for WesternU’s strategic path forward and setting the trajectory for college-level plans based on the challenges and opportunities of each academic unit.
- Working collaboratively with students, staff, faculty, and alumni to support academic and administrative units in creating a framework that outlines the strategic path forward and supports their alignment with a university-wide plan.
- In the practice of shared governance, collaborating with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and other key stakeholders via a comprehensive outreach and engagement strategy.
- Reviewing campus feedback and survey research findings.
- Dr. Robin Farias-Eisner, President
- Jill Ferreira, AVP of Operations and Chief of Staff to the President (Project Manager)
- Dr. Paula M. Crone, Provost and Chief Academic Officer (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Suresh Appavoo, VP for Humanism, Equity and Anti-Racism (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Stephanie Bowlin, SVP of Institutional Engagement, Planning, and Effectiveness (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Hyma Gogineni, Associate Professor and Vice Chair, Academic Senate (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Bradley Henson, Interim SVP, Research & Biotechnology (Co-Chair)
- Joshua McFarlen, CFO and Treasurer (Co-Chair)
- Eva Badouin, Senior Director of Student Services
- Dr. Nicole Biltz, Instructor
- Alejandra Cervantes-Ramirez, Operations Associate
- Dr. Denise (NeeCee) Cornish, AVP and Deputy Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Todd Eckel, AVP for Admissions and Enrollment
- Dr. Mirabelle Fernandes Paul, AVP of University Student Affairs WesternU Oregon
- Dr. Beverly Guidry, SVP of Student Affairs
- Dr. Clive Houston-Brown, SVP and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Jonathan Labovitz, Dean, College of Podiatric Medicine
- Dr. Mary Lopez, Dean, College of Graduate Nursing
- Simone Miller, Senior University Counsel
- Jessica Nguyen, SGA Vice President
- Dr. Juan Ramirez, AVP for Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Riley Thomas, SGA Secretary
- Theresa Tibbs, Chief Human Resources Officer