Competitive Candidate Profile
Many applicants ask “What qualities do you look for in a student?” This can be answered with another question: “What qualities do you look for in a healthcare provider?” We believe that a great healthcare provider is not only knowledgeable, but experienced, compassionate and a good communicator.
Although there is no formula to ensure admittance to the DPT Professional program, it is in your best interest to demonstrate to the admissions committee whichever of the following key attributes you possess.
We desire that each DPT Professional student:
- Is academically prepared to succeed in our rigorous professional program
- Is well rounded with diverse educational and life experiences
- Has shown interest and involvement in the community
- Has knowledge of and/or experience in the field in which he/she hopes to practice
- Has a good understanding of both the profession and WesternU
- Demonstrates excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to compassionate health care
- Has a desire to practice in rural and underserved communities of the Pacific Northwest
The following statistics for the class entering August 2023 will give you a sense of where you might fall within the applicant pool. For additional statistics, please visit the Office of Institutional Research Academic Outcomes webpage.
|Number of Applications Received
|Number of Interviews Granted
|Number of Students Enrolled
|Average Prerequisite GPA
|Average Overall GPA