2007 - PhD, Department of Integrative Biology, University of CA, Berkeley
2001 - MS, Department of Geology and Geophysics, University of Wyoming
1996 - BA, Department of Geology, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
- Associate Professor and Interim Vice Chair, Department of Anatomy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona CA, 2016 - present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, 2009 – 2016
- Research Associate, Department of Paleontology, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, CA, 2014 – present
- Research Associate, Division of Paleontology, American Museum of Natural History, NY, 2009 – present
- Lincoln Ellsworth Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Paleontology, American Museum of Natural History, NY, 2008 – 2009
- Western University Graduate College, Seed Grant: Computed Tomography, Workstation: Geometric Morphometric Analysis of Shape; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
- American Philosophical Society, Franklin Research Grant, Exploration of Cenozoic. Deposits for vertebrate fossils in the Tarim Basin, Xinjiang, China; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
- National Geographic Society, Waitt Grant, Exploration of Cenozoic Deposits for Fossil Vertebrates in Tajikistan; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
- American Museum of Natural History Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2007
- George D. Louderback Award in Paleontology, University of California Museum of Paleontology, 2006
- Annie Alexander Fellowship, University of California Museum of Paleontology, 2006
- NSF Graduate GK-12 Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley Natural History Museums, 2004 – 2006
- Outstanding Master’s Thesis, The University of Wyoming, 2001
- Outstanding Masters Student, The University of Wyoming, Department of Geology and Geophysics, 2001
- Kraatz, B and Sherratt, E. 2016. Evolutionary morphology of the rabbit skull. PeerJ 4:e2453.
- Wang, X; Kraatz, B; Meng, J; Carrapa, B; Decelles, P; Clementz, M; Abdulov, S and Chen, F. 2016. Cental Asian aridification during the late Eocene to early Miocene inferred from preliminary study of shallow marine-eolian sedimentary rocks from northeastern Tajik Basin. Science China Earth Sciences. 1-16.
- Kraatz, BP, Bumacod, N, Sherratt, E, Wedel, M. 2015. Ecological correlates to cranial morphology in leporids. PeerJ. 2015 Mar 17;3:e844. doi: 10.7717/peerj.844.
- Flynn, L. J., Winkler, A.J., Erbaeva, M., Alexeeva, N., Anders, U., Angelone, C., Čermák, S., Fladerer, F.A., Kraatz, B., Ruedas, L.A., Ruf, I., Tomida, Y., Veitschegger, K., Zhang, Z., 2013, The Leporid Datum: A Late Mivgocene Biotic Marker. Mammal Review.
- O’Leary, MA, Bloch, JI, Flynn, JJ, Gaudin, TJ, Giallombardo, A, Giannini, NP, Goldberg, SL, Kraatz, BP, Luo, Z-x, Meng, J, Ni, X, Novacek, MJ, Perini, FA, Randall, Z, Rougier, GW, Sargis, EJ, Silcox, M, Simmons, NB, Spaulding, M, Velazco, PM, Weksler, M, Wible, JR, Cirranello, A. 2013. Response to Comment on “The Placental Mammal Ancestor and the Post–K-Pg Radiation of Placentals”. Science, v. 341, p. 613–614.
- Kraatz, BP, Bibi, F, and Hill, A, and Beech, M, 2013, A New Fossil Thryonomyid from the Late Miocene of the United Arab Emirates and the Origin of African Cane Rats. Naturwissenschaften, v. 100, p. 437–439.
- O’Leary, MA, Bloch, JI, Flynn, JJ, Gaudin, TJ, Giallombardo, A, Giannini, NP, Goldberg, SL, Kraatz, BP, Luo, Z-x, Meng, J, Ni, X, Novacek, MJ, Perini, FA, Randall, Z, Rougier, GW, Sargis, EJ, Silcox, M, Simmons, NB, Spaulding, M, Velazco, PM, Weksler, M, Wible, JR, Cirranello, A. 2013. The placental mammal ancestor and the post-KPg radiation of placentals: Science, v. 339, p. 662– 667.
- Bibi, F, Kraatz, B, Craig, N, Beech, M, Schuster, M, and Hill, A. 2012. Early Evidence for Complex Social Structure in Proboscidea from a Late Miocene Trackway Site in the United Arab Emirates. Biology Letters, v. 8, p. 670–673.
- Seiffert, ER, Nasir, S, Al-Harthy, A, Groenke, JR, Kraatz, BP, Stevens, NJ, Al-Sayigh, AR. 2012. Diversity in the later Paleogene proboscidean radation: a small barytheriid from the Oligocene of Dhofar Governorate, Sultanate of Oman. Naturwissenschaften, v. 99, p. 133–141.
- Kraatz, BP, Meng, J, Li, C-k, and Weksler, M, 2010, Evolutionary patterns in the dentition of Duplicidentata (Mammalia) and a novel trend in the molarization of premolars, PLoS ONE, 5(9): e12838.
- Kraatz, BP, and Geisler, J. 2010. The Eocene–Oligocene Transition in Central Asia and its Effects on Mammalian Evolution. Geology, v. 38, p. 111–114.