DPT, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, 2017
BS, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2014
Actively involved in clinical research projects in conjunction with Willamette University, Salem, Oregon. Current focus: Minimum Chair Height Stand Test
Active member of the vestibular critical appraisal team for the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy
2014 - 2017
Integrative Muscle Physiology Laboratory Washington University in St. Louis, Program in Physical Therapy, St. Louis, Missouri
Neurotrauma Research Laboratory University of Michigan, School of Kinesiology, Ann Arbor, Michigan
2010 - 2012
The Hanna Lab
University of Michigan, Department of Microbiology, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Early Career Professional Award in Neurologic Physical Therapy, Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy, October 2019.
- Board certified clinical specialist in neurologic physical therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, June 2019.
- Steven J. Rose Research Award, Washington University in St. Louis, Program in Physical Therapy, May 2017.
American Physical Therapy Association, Member #690684 (2014 - present)Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy (2016 - present) with service on the Historian Committee (2018 - present)
- Oregon Chapter (2019 - present)
- Maryland Chapter (2017 - 2019)
- Research Section (2016 - 2019)
- Missouri Chapter (2014 - 2017)
- Biltz NK. Concussion: Implications for the Physical Therapist. Lecture presentation at Pacific University: Hillsboro, OR. November 7, 2019.
- Biltz NK, Wood JM, and Wilchinski J. Improving and maintaining therapist compliance of using standardized outcome measures in patients post-stroke: a multidisciplinary quality improvement project. Poster presentation at APTA Combined Sections Meeting: Washington D.C. January 24, 2019.
- Biltz NK and Moore, MF. Return to adaptive sport utilizing task-specific exercises in a 19-year old patient with central vestibular dysfunction. Poster presentation at Johns Hopkins’ 8th Annual Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Research and Clinical Expo: Baltimore, MD. November, 2018.
- Biltz NK. Recovery in chronic stroke: a case report. Interactive case presentation at University of Delaware: Newark, DE. April 30, 2018.
- Biltz NK and Meyer GA. A novel method for the quantification of fatty infiltration in skeletal muscle. Skelet Muscle. 2017;7(1):1-13.
- Biltz NK and Meyer GA. Intramuscular adipose tissue (IMAT) negatively impacts skeletal muscle strength. Poster presentation at APTA Combined Sections Meeting: San Antonio, TX. February 16, 2017.