Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Personal Information

  • How can I change my address/phone number?

    You can log into the Self-Service (BanWeb) system to submit a change request of your address, phone number, and emergency contact information.

    1) Go to Self-Service (BanWeb)

    2) Enter secure area for employees

    3) Personal Information Services menu

    4) Update Personal Information menu.

    5) Use the employee link to submit change of address/phone request to the Office of Human Resources.

  • How can I change my name?

    If you are an employee:

    To initiate a name change, please contact to notify Human Resources of the name change. You will need to have your new original Social Security Card and the legal document authorizing the name change prepared in order to process the change. Acceptable supporting legal documents include:

    • Marriage Certificate
    • Divorce Decree
    • U.S. or State-Issued Court Order (Final Judgement of Change of Name)
    • Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership
    • Certificate of Naturalization

    If there has been a change to your marital status, please contact our benefits area at for questions and assistance with changes to your benefits.

    If you are a student:

    Please contact the Registrar’s Office for name change assistance.

  • Benefits

  • I have a question about one of our benefits, where can I go?

    Please visit the Employee Benefits Resource Center a complete overview of our benefits package.

    You can change the percentage of your paycheck that you contribute to your retirement at anytime by filling out a 403 (b) Salary Deduction/Reduction Agreement form and returning it to the Manager, Benefits Administration. The form can be found online at the Employee Benefits Resource Center by selecting the Benefits Plans link and looking in theDocuments column.

    The general limit for contributions to your 403(b) plan is set at $15,500 for 2008. However, did you know that if you are 50 years of age or over, you can contribute an extra $5,000, totaling $20,500? Employees with longer service are encouraged to contact Human Resources for more information on the “15-Year Rule” which allows those with more than 15 years of service to contribute additional funds.

  • Who is our current Dental Insurance provider?

    We currently have Met-Life as our Dental Insurance provider.

  • How do I find out how many sick or vacation days I have?

    If you have Self-Service (Banweb) access you can see your current leave accruals. Log onto Self-Service (Banweb) and go to theEmployee Services Menu. Click on the Time Off Current Balances and History link.

  • I am having a personal issue and I would like to seek some professional help, does the University offer any counseling?

    WesternU provides an Employee Assistance Program, a valuable resource to help manage life s daily challenge at no cost. It offers help on a variety of issues, including emotional well-being, work issues, parenting & child care, education and legal assistance. For additional information please visit the EAP Website (login using Username: Western U, Password: care) or call PacifiCare Behavioral Health at 800-234-5465.

  • I would like to change insurance companies, when can I do this?

    The University offers an open enrollment period each March, where employees are able to change their current providers. The Office of Human Resources will be distributing more information about this at the beginning of the year (January-February).

  • When can I meet with a representative from my retirement company again?

    Representatives periodically come on campus from TIAA-CREF and Mutual of America for one on one meeting s with employees, you will receive an email when the next round of meetings are available.

  • Is it true that the University offers special pricing for health club memberships, and they also reimburse me for my membership?

    Yes, the University has worked out a special pricing agreement with Bally Total Fitness and LA Fitness. For more information, go to our Wellness Plan page.

  • Work/Position Related

  • I am having problems with my supervisor or a co-worker, what can or should I do?

    For issues regarding your supervisor or a co-worker, please contact the Manager, Employee Relations in the Office of Human Resources. If you feel that you are in immediate danger of physical harm, please contact a security guard first and then call the OHR.

  • What should I do if I or a co-worker is injured at work?

    Please contact the Manager of Benefits Administration for all work related injures.

  • Miscellaneous

  • Where can I find an HR form?

    To obtain Office of Human Resources forms please email or visit

  • How can I find out more information about the rideshare program?

    To find out what benefits the University offers those who rideshare, please visit the Rideshare Program page.

  • Where do I find more Payroll forms and time card information?

    All of the forms the Payroll Office uses can be found on the University Financial Services & Treasury’s Payroll page.