University Financial Services & Treasury/Payroll is located in the Anderson Tower, 4th floor.
Payroll is responsible for all financial transactions, regulatory oversight, and tax agency reports regarding employee compensation.
- Alex Berger, Assistant Vice President for Finance, oversees and manages Payroll services for the University.
- Cynthia Gonzales, Payroll Manager, is responsible for Payroll & Tax processing, account reconciliations, and accounting.
- Teresa Hidalgo, Payroll Clerk, is responsible for Payroll & Tax processing and account reconciliations.
See contact information below.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form. Please include a voided check when submitting your direct deposit form to the Payroll Department. Forms submitted without a voided check will not be processed.
- W-4 2023 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate Form. This link takes you to the IRS website where you can print the W-4 form. This form requires an original signature. Please print out this form and return it to the payroll office.
- California DE4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate Form. This form is used if you want to claim a different number of exemptions than you do on the W-4 form.
- OR-W-4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate Form. This link takes you to the Oregon State employee’s withholding allowance certificate.
- Exempt Bi-Weekly Time Record. Salaried employees can type information into this interactive form, print it, sign it, and forward the signed form to the Payroll Department at the end of each bi-weekly period. Reminders will be sent University wide for each period ending date.
- Salary Advance Request Form. This form must be printed, filled out, and signed. Please refer to the salary advance policy on Self-Service (BanWeb) for restrictions. Salary advance requests should be forwarded directly to the Payroll Department..
- Independent Contractor Determination. The link provides specific information, instructions, and forms to determine whether an individual performing services for the University should be classified as an employee or an independent contractor.
- Cell Phone Electronic Device Stipend Request Form. Fill out this form and obtain the proper authorization(s). You can refer to the policy in this link: Cell Phone – Electronic Device Stipend Policy for additional direction.
- Manual Hourly Timecard Form. Submit a manual hourly timecard form when payroll period cut-off is closed.
How often are WesternU employees paid?
When are timecards due?
Salary / Exempt employee timecards are due by Wednesday for the “previous pay period” the week after payday (2023 Salary Payroll Calendar).
Why are earnings on my W-2 less than my annual salary?
Where can I find my vacation and sick balances?
How can I change the amount of withholding taxes being deducted from my pay check?
- IRS Tax Withholding Estimator. The calculator helps you figure out proper withholding for Form W-4. To determine this, it asks questions about expected wages up to the end of the year, how much has been withheld so far, and what deductions are going to be claimed on the personal income tax return.
- W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificate Form. This link takes you to the IRS website where you can print the W-4 form. This form requires an original signature. Please print out this form and return it to the payroll office.
- Paid Family Leave Act. This site explains your rights under the Act and how to apply for it.
- State Disability Insurance. This site explains your rights to this insurance and how to apply for it.
- DE4 State Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form is used if you want to claim a different number of exemptions than you do on the W-4 form.
- Oregon W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificate. Submit form when claiming allowances different then federal allowances.
- Payroll Calculator. This link takes you to Paycheck City. This is a site that allows you to see how changes you make to your 403B, Cafeteria Plan and/or the number of deductions you claim on your W-4, will affect your paycheck.