Skip to Content Skip to Footer
WesternU / Bursar / FAQs


  • Where can I find tuition information?
  • Where can I get budget information for my degree program?
  • How can I make payments towards a student account?


    • Log in with your credentials to MyWesternU
    • Select “PAYMENT”


    • Cash, check, and credit card is accepted in the Bursar’s Office.


    • Personal Check, Money Orders, and Cashier’s Checks made payable to Western U (including student ID#) should be mailed to:
      Western University of Health Sciences
      Attn: Bursar’s Office
      309 E. 2nd Street
      Pomona, CA 91766
  • If I am due a refund, how will I get it?
    • Refunds will be issued via direct deposit. Students are required to have direct deposit set-up at the time of registration. For more information on how to enroll, please visit the Financial Aid website.
    • Once refunds are processed by the Bursar’s Office, you can expect to receive the funds in 3 to 5 business days, depending on your banking institution.
  • I am a non-citizen; how do I obtain a 1098T?
    • Non-citizen students requesting a 1098-T must submit a W-9 no later than December 31 each year. Western University will not submit 1098-T information to the IRS for students that have not completed the W-9 by the December 31 deadline.
  • What if I have questions about my 1098-T form?
    • Beginning with the 2022 tax year, 1098-T processing will be handled by ECSI. Any prior year 1098-T form questions should be addressed to the Western University Bursar’s Office – 909-469-5403 –
  • How do I obtain a campus parking pass?
    • Term parking permits can be purchased online.
    • Daily parking permits are available for in-person purchase at the Campus Store.

    Western University Campus Store
    521 E. 3rd Street
    Pomona, CA 91766
    7:30 am – 4:00 pm

  • What resources* are available if I am struggling financially?
    • You can reach out to the Financial Aid Office –
    • You can apply for an emergency loan (up to $2,500) through the Bursar’s Office – This is a short-term option with contingencies and criteria that must be met.

    *Western University does not offer payment plans. All tuition and fees are due by the term due date, no exceptions.

  • How do I know what is going on with my student account?
    • Visit and sign-in with your credentials to access the STUDENT FINANCE page of the portal. Here students have convenient access to all student account activity, such as – pending financial aid, balances due, tax forms, and account statements.
      • If you need an itemized tuition statement (includes course listings), please email – Otherwise, an “activity detail” printout can be printed anytime through the student account page.
  • If I paid a seat deposit, will it be applied to my tuition?
    • Yes, the non-refundable seat deposit will be released to your student account after the term census period and applied to any open charges. If you choose not to attend the university after paying a seat deposit, the full balance of the deposit is forfeited.
  • When are my tuition and fees due?
    • All tuition and fees are due the first day of class each semester. Late fees ($50 per month) will be assessed on the 2nd day of the term on all accounts that are not paid in full.
    • For students starting classes late, fees are due within 24 hours of your first day in class. This includes, late-starts, leave of absence returns, and returns from academic suspension, etc.
  • Can I arrange to have my parents access my account?
    • Yes, students can authorize parents to have access to their student account, make payments, and retrieve documents on MyWesternU.
    • Use your log-in credentials to access STUDENT FINANCE on the portal.
    • Select “VIEW/PAY MY STUDENT ACCOUNT” (You will be redirected to CASHNet)
    • Select “MY ACCOUNT”
    • Select “PAYERS ADD LINK”
    • Enter the authorized person’s information and set their access parameters*.

    *Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) the Bursar’s Office cannot release certain information to third-party over the phone without student written consent. Please reach out to the Registrar’s Office if you wish to update your FERPA authorizations for us to share information over the phone.

  • Can I set up a payment plan for my tuition and fees?
    • Western University does not offer payment plans. All tuition and fees are to be paid in full by the term due date.
  • Why do I still have a balance when I am using financial aid?
    • There are two reasons why a balance may be owed after financial aid is applied: Rescinded Title IV authorization or Insufficient Financial Aid Award.
      • Students who have not authorized Title IV to be applied to non-institutional fees are required to pay fees out of pocket, even if they are using financial aid. Non-institutional fees include, but are not limited to health insurance, late fees, lab fees, subscriptions, dues, and returned check fees. Title IV authorization can be updated on the student portal at any time and be applied to future terms (authorization is not retroactive).
      • It is possible in calculating how much financial aid to accept, a student may not have accept enough to cover their full tuition and fees. In this case, please contact the Financial Aid office to discuss a loan increase –
  • How do I correct my demographic information (name, phone number, etc.)?
  • Who should I ask about student health insurance charges on my account?
  • What happens if my student account payment becomes past due?
    • All tuition and fees are due on the first day of class. Any accounts not paid will be assessed a $50 late fee and placed on an Accounts Receivable Hold preventing the release of official records (transcripts, grades, diplomas).
    • If the account remains unpaid after a 2nd late fee, the student will be removed from their classes. Accounts that remain unpaid will be referred to an outside collection agency and a negative report to all three credit bureaus will be made.