Skip to Content Skip to Footer
The sun sets at WesternU, showing the Esplanada and the Anderson Tower with newly lighted signs

General Accounting

University Financial Services & Treasury/General Accounting is located in the Anderson Tower, 4th floor.

General Accounting is responsible for recording the inflow and outflow of University resources and can assist with inquiries or research regarding financial matters and fund balances, and enforcing PCI Compliance for WesternU’s merchant locations.

  • Forms
  • PCI Compliance for Western University Merchants
  • Additional Financial Information
  • IRS Form 990 Filings
  • Audited Financial Statement
  • FAQs

    Which Sales are subject to sales tax?

    All sales are subject to sales tax (except some services and medicine given to patients)

    How do I obtain a copy University’s W-9?

    Contact the finance email at

    If I need to make a cash transfer, which form should I use?

    Use the Fund Transfer Request form.

    Who do I send the cash transfer or reclassification form to?

    Please send cash transfer forms pertaining to sales transactions to Tracy Armas ( and all other cash transfer and reclassification forms to the email.

    How can I check on a fund balance?

    1. Log into Self-Service Banweb (
    2. Select Financial Services from the main menu
    3. Select Budget Queries
    4. Create a query by entering the fund and the organization number
    5. Submit the query

    How can I gain access to a fund or org?

    Contact the finance department via email at

    Who should I contact regarding questions on my financial reports?

    Contact the finance department via email at

    How do I go about getting a credit card terminal?

    Contact Alex Berger ( or the Bursar’s Office email (, in University Financial Services and Treasury department.

    How can I expense Federal/State grants and contracts?

    You need to obtain an approval from Sponsored Programs and Contract Management before you can submit the request to the University Financial Services & Treasury.

    How do I set up a fund?

    Contact the finance department via email at


    Portrait of Liza Mullins, University Controller

    Liza Mullins, University Controller

    Management of General Accounting, Accounting Policies and Procedures, Auditing, Financial Information and Controls, Tax Returns, and Financial Reporting.

    (909) 469-5409

    Portrait of Perry Self, Assistant Controller

    Perry Self, Assistant Controller

    Accounting and compliance functions that include, preparation of financial information, researching, auditing, monitoring, and etc.

    (909) 469-5267

    Portrait of Tracy Armas, Financial Accountant

    Tracy Armas, Financial Accountant

    Account analysis and full review of general ledger, bank & investment reconciliations, tax filings.

    (909) 706-3514

    Portrait of Ruth McGuire, Accounting Associate

    Ruth McGuire, Accounting Associate

    Administrative and accounting support for accounting areas.

    (909) 706-3514

    Portrait of Claudia Monje, Financial Accountant

    Claudia Monje, Financial Accountant

    Investment revenue recognition, patient clinic revenues, contribution revenues.

    (909) 469-3514