The Office of Budget Administration’s mission is to ensure WesternU’s financial resources are utilized to their optimal level in alignment with the approved fiscal budget and to facilitate the analysis, planning, reporting, and budgeting of those resources.
Services that are provided include:
- Planning, management, and monitoring of the University’s budget.
- Feasibility studies on proposed financial projects, and the utilization of financial resources.
- Collaborates with the College/Departments on the planning of all financial resources. Assuring all financial resources are in line with the WesternU mission, accreditation, compliance, and College’s/Department’s strategic plans.
- Preparation of ad hoc reports for the Chief Financial Officer and Executive management.
- Development of trend analysis and Budget projections.
- Assistance to academic and support departments in the development of department budgets.
- Develops and prepares policies and procedures related to the management of University resources.
- Reviewing and processing of budget transfers.
- BudgetPak Link
- Running Reports with BudgetPak Instructions
- Running Reports with BudgetPak Instructional Video
- Phase I Requesting Top Three Priorities with BudgetPak Instructions
- Phase I Requesting Top Three Priorities with BudgetPak Instructional Video
- Phase II BudgetPak Budget Development Instructions
- Phase II BudgetPak Budget Development Instructions Video
- Phase II BudgetPak Budget Development Instructions – Power Point
- BudgetPak FAQs
- BudgetPak Key Terms
Fiscal Year 2022/2023
- Information Sessions – Budget Development Process Phase I – Power Point
- Information Sessions – Budget Development Process Phase II – Power Point
- Budget Process Time & Responsibility Schedule
- Budget Authorization Form FY 22-23
- Salary Promotion/Modification Form FY 22-23
Fiscal Year 2021/2022
- Q: Can we change the transaction date for a budget transfer?
A: The transaction date automatically defaults to the date the budget transfer request is entered. Therefore, it should not be changed. The only exception is at fiscal year-end, which the transaction date should be backdated to 06/30/XX.
- Q: Why is a budget transfer with a miscellaneous account disapproved?
A: Any expense incurred should be coded to a relevant account. Therefore, miscellaneous account (70850) should not be expensed at all. If there is any expense coded to this account, it should be reclassified to a more relevant account. If there are difficulties in identifying the proper account for an expense, please contact the Accounting Department.
- Q: What should be noted under the description field for a budget transfer?
A: Reference the items or services to be expensed. Some examples may be; Telephone new hire’s, Printer Replacement, Student Retreat, and Additional Office Supplies, etc.