Receive Up to $100:
The University may reimburse you up to $100.00/year for a membership to any commercial fitness facility OTHER than SamFit. There are two options listed below and depending on how you pay/paid for your membership you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. Some gyms offer a discount to WesternU students – please see below for additional locations that are eligible for reimbursement.
Student must be enrolled in a membership (monthly or annual) to any commercial fitness facility or online gym membership. Purchasing a set/package/plan of individual classes does not constitute a membership (e.g. yoga classes, cycling, etc.). Apartment complex facilities, unless optional and billed separately, are not eligible.
Only one reimbursement request accepted per student each academic year.
The deadline to submit your paperwork is determined by how you pay for the membership. Please see below.
Important Notice Regarding COVID-19 and Reimbursements
We’ve expanded the reimbursement option to include online memberships as this may be a more beneficial to students given the possibility of gym closures during the pandemic. Please note that the same rules and restrictions apply.
- The membership must be in your name.
- If prepaid, must show proof of payment for the full year.
- If monthly, you must have proof of payment for at least 10-months (payments can be made to different locations. For example: online gym for 6 months and then an in-person gym for 4 months)
- The online membership must have a physical fitness/activity component.
- Class passes, punch cards, home equipment and supplies are not eligible.
- Only one reimbursement request accepted per student each academic year.