The College of Graduate Nursing (CGN) at WesternU pioneered the delivery of a web-based family nursing practitioner program in 1997 – the very first program of its kind in the nation. Today, that legacy continues with our Post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner (PM-FNP) program.
The WesternU College of Graduate Nursing offers a seamless progression to earn your Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certificate/credential in two years.
Our hybrid online learning program delivers the knowledge and skills to prepare you for your FNP role within a flexible schedule. Our campus-based seminar intensives, on the WesternU Pomona campus, and clinical experiences in a designated community will prepare you for clinical practice within a variety of healthcare settings.
Learn more about the program by visiting the Requirements page. Soon, you will be providing comprehensive care to patients, families, and communities.
- A rigorous program of study that produces graduates who are in demand and highly respected by their employers
- A flexible program that allows you to balance your work and family commitments with your education
- A program with the highest level of accreditation
- Top faculty experienced at facilitating distance learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students as colleagues; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services for your distance education
- A chance to join the WesternU nursing alumni who share a lifelong connection with the University
The FNP Gainful Employment Disclosure is available for your review.
Saturday, March 2 at 8:30 AM Pacific Standard Time
Get to know WesternU, our programs, and our community. Choose your program of interest and join us on our Pomona, California campus to: – Hear directly from our president and faculty members about program curriculum and highlights – Explore our classrooms, labs, hands-on learning spaces, and more – Connect with current students and learn about their experiences – Participate in hands-on, interactive workshops – Learn about navigating the admissions process and preparing to meet our application requirements – Gain insights into setting yourself up for admissions success