The Staff Council operates under the guidance of Dr. Stephanie Bowlin, Sr. Vice President of the Office of Institutional Engagement, Planning & Effectiveness (IEPE).
Mission: The Western University of Health Sciences Staff Council’s (WSC) mission is to serve and advocate for the interest and needs of the staff members of Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU) to promote a campus-wide culture of employee satisfaction, respect, and shared governance.
Vision: The WesternU Staff Council strives to create a space to celebrate and acknowledge the exceptional work and diversity of all staff across the WesternU community.
- Promote staff development to ensure the professional and academic growth of individuals
- Collaborate with various university committees to create a safe and productive environment that will support the WesternU family in achieving goals that pertain to staff, students, faculty, and administration
- Communicate staff needs and concerns to leadership
- Advocate for staff representation on University and Executive Committees, including all search committees
- Sponsor programs, events, and various services that will serve to promote a culture of humanism, respect, recognition, cooperation, and understanding across the WesternU community
View the Staff Council Bylaws
February 16, 2022 – Staff Assembly
July 1, 2021 – Staff Council Official
It is with much excitement that the WesternU Staff Council Formation Committee would like to announce the inaugural Staff Council Members, effective July 1, 2021.
Ashely Molina – Staff Council Secretary
Maria Moreno – Staff Council Vice-Chair
Sean Rowan – Staff Council Chair
Campus Sustainability and Aesthetics Committee
Responsible for establishing and maintaining an environmentally friendly atmosphere on campus
Engagement and Communications Committee
Gathers information from the Staff Council committees to be communicated to the University on behalf of the Staff Council
Staff Advocacy Committee
If requested by a staff member, acts as a mediator or liaison between staff and Human Resources personnel to facilitate resolution. Gathers and reviews anonymous suggestions on areas of improvement.
Professional Development Committee
Collaborates with Human Resources and supervisors professional development opportunities