MISSION STATEMENT, VISION, AND GOALS
Mission: The Western University of Health Sciences Staff Council’s (WSC) mission is to serve and advocate for the interest and needs of the staff members of Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU) to promote a campus-wide culture of employee satisfaction, respect, and shared governance.
Vision: The WesternU Staff Council strives to create a space to celebrate and acknowledge the exceptional work and diversity of all staff across the WesternU community.
- Promote staff development to ensure the professional and academic growth of individuals
- Collaborate with various university committees to create a safe and productive environment that will support the WesternU family in achieving goals that pertain to staff, students, faculty, and administration
- Communicate staff needs and concerns to leadership
- Advocate for staff representation on University and Executive Committees, including all search committees
- Sponsor programs, events, and various services that will serve to promote a culture of humanism, respect, recognition, cooperation, and understanding across the WesternU community
View the Staff Council Bylaws
|Barbara Baker||California||Vice Chair|
|Guadalupe “Mirtha” Soltero||California|
|Maria Gonzales||California||Immediate Past-Chair|
|Yequila Pearson||California||Communications Officer|
Responsible for maintaining bylaws and ensuring the council remain in alignment with its bylaws
Campus Aesthetics and Sustainability Team (CAST)
Responsible for establishing and maintaining an environmentally friendly atmosphere on campus
Engagement and Communications Committee (ECC)
Gathers information from the Staff Council committees to be communicated to the University on behalf of the Staff Council
Staff Advocacy Committee
If requested by a staff member, acts as a mediator or liaison between staff and Human Resources personnel to facilitate resolution. Gathers and reviews anonymous suggestions on areas of improvement.
Responsible for the acknowledgement and rewards of staff at WesternU
Professional Development Committee (PDC)
Collaborates with Human Resources and supervisors professional development opportunities