Description:Provides access to the full suite of publications on the JAMANetwork.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
Provider: American Medical Association
“Authorized Users” means the (i) Consortium; (ii) Institutions; and (iii) individuals who are authorized by the Consortium and/or each of the respective Institutions to access the Consortium and/or Institution’s Secured Network due to their status as current medical staff, students, faculty members, employees, independent contractors, or walk-in/onsite visitors.
The authorized site covered in this license are academic/educational, non-profit institutional members of SCELC identified in the license as being subscribers
Authorized Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display content and data contained in the Licensed Materials.
- Print out a single copy of an article, or discrete items or portions of an article (e.g., graph, table) from searches of the Licensed Materials.
- Print off a discrete copy of parts of the Licensed Materials on an occasional basis;
- Download or store a copy of an article, or discrete items or portions of an article (e.g., graph, table) from searches of the Licensed Materials for individual archival purposes only.
- Transmit a single electronic copy of individual articles, or discrete items or portions of such articles (e.g., graph, table) from searches of the Licensed Materials, to another Authorized User for use in accordance with this Agreement.
- Distribute a single printed copy of individual articles, or discrete items or portions of such articles (e.g., graph, table) from searches of the Licensed Materials, to another Authorized User for use in accordance with this Agreement.>
- Each Institution may (i) incorporate (without modification or amendment) individual articles from the Licensed Materials into electronic course packs, provided that the Institution shall delete all copies of any Licensed Materials retained in electronic course packs when no longer used for such purpose and in no event shall such Licensed Materials be retained for longer than one academic year; and (ii) loan or supply to another library within the same Territory (e.g., same country) as the Institution, a copy of an individual document being part of the Licensed Materials by mail, fax or secure electronic transmission via the Internet or otherwise, for the purposes of research or private study and not for commercial use, provided that the Institution complies with Section 108 of the United States Copyright Law (“Limitations on exclusive rights, Reproduction by libraries and archives”) and clause 3 of the Guidelines for the Proviso of Subsection 108(g)(2) prepared by National Commission on New Technological Uses of Copyrighted Works.
Restrictions on Use
Any and all commercial use, distribution, or transmission of the Licensed Materials is strictly prohibited. In addition, Authorized Users shall not:
- Access or use the Licensed Materials on any public computer-based information system, including without limitation, any electronic bulletin board available to the public, the internet or the world wide web; provided, however, that nothing contained herein shall prohibit Authorized Users from accessing or using the Licensed Materials on publicly available computer systems so long as such access or use is made through the Secured Network.
- Make copies of the Licensed Materials except as permitted above.
- Except as specifically permitted in this Agreement, transfer, sub license, display, perform, release, distribute, or sell the Licensed Materials.
- Prepare derivative works or incorporate the Licensed Materials, in whole or in part, in any other work or system
- Reverse engineer, decompile or modify the Licensed Materials, in whole or in part.
- Use or authorize use of the Licensed Materials in any database or other compilation (except for electronic course packs if Licensee is an academic institution).
- Create a database or compilation containing the Licensed Materials, or otherwise store any Licensed Materials in any retrieval system (except for electronic course packs if an Authorized User is an academic institution).
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, to monitor, upload, download or copy, including any systematic downloading or copying of, the Licensed Materials in whole or in part.
- Allow use or access to the Licensed Materials by anyone who is not an Authorized User.
- Modify, remove, cover, obscure, block or change any disclaimers, or copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights notices, which may appear on or in association with print or electronic copies of the Licensed Materials.
The use of proxy servers is permitted as long as any proxy server IP addresses provided limit remote or off-campus access to Authorized Users.
Authorized Users must obtain AMA’s permission to incorporate any Licensed Materials into a printed course pack or for any other reproduction or republication not permitted in “Permitted Use” or by the legal doctrine of “fair use” under United States or similar international copyright law. Permission requests shall be directed to: Copyright Clearance Center at www.copyright.com.
This license prohibits Scholarly Sharing