Description: PsychiatryOnline is a web-based portal that features DSM-IV-TR® and The American Journal of Psychiatry as the cornerstones of a collection of psychiatric references from American Psychiatric Publishing.
You get access to resources such as:
- DSM® Library titles including DSM-IV-TR®, DSM-IV-TR® Handbook of Differential Diagnosis, and DSM-IV-TR® Clinical Cases Journals including The American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Services, Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, and Academic Psychiatry
- Textbooks including The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry, Gabbard’s Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders, Textbook of Psychotherapeutic Treatments, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Substance Abuse Treatment, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology, and Manual of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- American Psychiatric Association Practice Guidelines for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Self-assessment tools for study, board certification and recertification review, AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, and lifelong learning
- Clinical & research news from Psychiatric News
- Medication information handouts for patients
Access: Remote access is limited to WesternU currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
Current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting bases) employed at the Licensee’s Premises; (II) Individuals who are enrolled at the Licensee’s Academic Institution located on the Licensee’s premises who are permitted to access the secure network from within the library premises or from such other places where authorized users work or study (including but not limited to authorized users offices and homes, halls of residence and student dormitories) and who have been issued a password or other authentication from the Licensee; and (III) Other persons who access the secure network from computer terminals within the library premises and are permitted to use the library premises. 5. (a) Except as specifically provided elsewhere in the agreement, the licensee is prohibited from making agreements for access to PsychiatryOnline content with individuals, organizations, vendors, affiliates, or partners who are not Authorized Users.
Permitted to reproduce or disseminate PsychiatryOnline content only within the parameters of applicable copyright law. (b) Downloading, printing, or saving single pages of PsychiatryOnline content for the purposes of research, preservation of content, teaching, and/or private study by authorized users is permissible.
Redistribution of PsychiatryOnline content to non-authorized users by direct electronic transmission is prohibited without prior approval from APA. It is understood and agreed that neither the licensee nor authorized users may provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library outside of the licensee’s secure networks, a copy of any part of the licensed materials for research or private study or otherwise.
Permission to reprint or copy PsychiatryOnline content beyond that allowed by section 107 or 108 of the U.S. Copyright Law, licenses must be obtained from APP’s permissions department.
APA provides contact information for its members and other customers who wish to receive informational newsletter offerings to third-party vendors who transmit APA materials on APA’s behalf. APA also share limited personal information with other nonprofit organizations and government agencies for the purpose of complying with requirements related to its educations offerings and other accreditation services it offers to APA members and customers.
Full policy: https://psychiatryonline.org/privacypolicy