Description: PsychiatryOnline offers online access to psychiatric textbooks, journals, and professional development tools. It features DSM-5 and The American Journal of Psychiatry.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
- Current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting bases) employed at the Licensee’s Premises;
- Individuals who are enrolled at the Licensee’s Academic Institution located on the Licensee’s Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study and who have been issued a password or other authentication from the Licensee;
- Other persons who access the Secure Network from computer terminals within the Library Premises and are permitted to use the Library Premises.
The authorized site covered in this license is Western University of Health Sciences only. Except as specifically provided elsewhere in this Agreement, The Licensee is prohibited from making agreements for access to PsychiatryOnline content with individuals, organizations, vendors, affiliates, or partners.
- Authorized users are permitted to reproduce or disseminate PsychiatryOnline content only within the parameters of applicable copyright law.
- Downloading, printing, or saving single pages of PsychiatryOnline content for the purposes of research, preservation of content, teaching, and/or private study by Authorized Users is permissible.
- Systematic downloading (by robots or other automatic processes) is prohibited without explicit approval.
- Inclusion in course packs is prohibited without explicit approval.
- Interlibrary Loan: Redistribution of PsychiatryOnline content to non-authorized users by direct electronic transmission is prohibited without prior approval from APA. It is understood and agreed that neither the Licensee nor Authorized Users may provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library outside the Licensee’s secure networks, a copy of any part of the Licensed Material for research or private study or otherwise.
Authorized users must remotely access the Database through WesternU’s secure proxy server by authenticating with WesternU network credentials.
Permission to reprint or copy PsychiatryOnline content beyond that allowed by section 107 or 108 or the U.S. Copyright Law, licenses must be obtained from APP’s permissions department.
APA provides contact information for its members and other customers who wish to receive informational newsletter offerings to third-party vendors who transmit APA materials on APA’s behalf. APA also share limited personal information with other nonprofit organizations and government agencies for the purpose of complying with requirements related to its educations offerings and other accreditation services it offers to APA members and customers.
Full policy: https://psychiatryonline.org/privacypolicy