Description: R2 Digital Library offers eBooks on medicine, nursing, and allied health. The eBooks are optimized for viewing on computers, tablets, smartphones, and web-enabled eReaders. Registering for a free My R2 account allows you to view your search history and bookmark pages, images, and references.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
Subject Coverage: Allied health, consumer health, dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, veterinary medicine
Participating Institution’s full and part time students and employees (including faculty, staff, administrators, affiliated researchers and independent contractors) and other valid ID holders of Participating Institutions, regardless of the physical location of such persons. Patrons, not affiliated with Participating Institution, who are physically present at Participating Institutions site(s) (“walk-ins”).
Participating institutions are non-profit, educational institutions who are members of the SCELC consortium.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users may make all use of the Licensed Materials for purposes of research, education or other non-commercial use as is consistent with the Fair Use Provisions of United States and international copyright laws. Authorized Users may, with appropriate credit, extract or use information contained in the Licensed Materials for educational, scientific, or research purposes, including extraction and manipulation of information for the purpose of illustration, explanation, example, comment, criticism, teaching, research, or analysis.
- The Licensed Materials may be used by Authorized Users who may display, print, electronically copy, or email reasonable portions of the Licensed Materials.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users may link to, email, print a reasonable portion of the purchased Licensed Materials available on the Rittenhouse platform in connection with specific courses of instruction offered by Participating Institutions, commonly known as Course Reserves and in the preparation of electronic Course Packs or other educational materials.
- Participating Institution may provide electronic links to the Licensed Materials from Participating Institution’s web page(s) and course management systems, and is encouraged to do so in ways that will increase the usefulness of the Licensed Materials to Authorized Users. Licensor staff will assist Participating Institution upon request in creating such links effectively.
- Other than as specifically permitted in this Agreement, Participating Institutions may not use the Licensed Materials for commercial purposes, including but not limited to the sale of the Licensed Materials, or bulk or systematic download, reproduction or distribution of the Licensed Materials in any form.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users agree not to use the facilities and/or services of the Licensed Materials or Licensor to publish or distribute any information (including software or other content) that is illegal or violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users may not, without the prior written approval of Licensor, use its facilities and/or services to publish or distribute any advertising, promotional material, or solicitation to other subscribers, including any solicitations to buy or use any goods or services, whether for a profit or otherwise.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users may not use the facilities and/or services of R2 LIBRARY or Licensor to download or redistribute public domain information or software for personal gain or use the facilities and/or services to distribute multiple copies of public domain information or software.
- Participating Institutions and Authorized Users are not permitted to download excessive portions of the Licensed Materials. The use of robots and any and all automated search or downloading programs other than those provided by Licensor are prohibited. Licensor shall have the right to take reasonable steps to cease any excessive or unauthorized activity and to prevent any recurrence thereof, including terminating access to the Licensed Materials.
Authorized Users may transmit to a third party colleague, using R2 Library email, print, or linking tools , minimal, insubstantial amounts of the Licensed Materials for personal or professional use, or scholarly, educational, or scientific research but in no case for resale or commercial purposes.
Participating Institutions and Authorized Users may make all use of the Licensed Materials for purposes of research, education or other non-commercial use as is consistent with the Fair Use Provisions of United States and international copyright laws.
Full policy: https://www.r2library.com/Home/PrivacyPolicy