Description: Peer-reviewed articles in multiple subjects.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
Provider: Taylor & Francis
Current faculty members (including temporary or exchange faculty for the duration of their assignment), enrolled post-graduate and undergraduate students, current staff members and contract personnel directly involved in educational and research activities of the Licensee who have been issued by the Licensee with a password or other currently valid authentication, together with other persons who are permitted to use the Licensee’s library or information service and access the Secure Network but only from computer terminals within the Licensed Site
The authorized site covered in this license is Western University of Health Sciences only. Authorized sites may be added or deleted from this agreement as mutually agreed upon by Taylor & Francis and Licensee.
Authorised Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials;
- Electronically save individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for personal use;
- Incorporate links to the Subscribed Products on the Subscriber’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic coursepacks, reserves and course management systems and instuctor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier;
- Print off a copy of parts of the Licensed Materials.
- Fulfil occasional requests to supply to an Authorised User of another library by post or fax, or by secure transmission using Ariel software, or similar, provided the electronic file is deleted immediately after printing, for the purposes of research or private study and not for Commercial Use, a single paper copy of an electronic original of an individual document being part of the Licensed Materials.
- Use the Licensed Materials to perform and engage in text mining/ data mining activities for academic research and other Educational Purposes and allow Authorised Users to mount, load and integrate the results on a Secure Network and use the results in accordance with this Licence, provided that the Publisher is notified in writing in advance of the project to ensure that they can provide appropriate technical assistance and maintain a log of projects.
Neither the Licensee nor Authorised users may:
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the
- Systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Materials, including complete issues, for any purpose:
- Mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide
Web, other than the Secure Network
- Licensee may not incorporate all or any part of the Licensed Materials in Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections without the prior written permission of the Publisher or the Publisher’s Representative, which may set out further terms and conditions for such usage.
- Commercially run courses are specifically prohibited. These are courses where the institution is providing a service to corporate, government or commercial organisations for a fee, conducted outside and separately from their normal undergraduate and postgraduate academic activity.
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use;
- Systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorised Users:
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works which combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this Licence; and/or
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials to Authorised users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Nothing in this Licence shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of the Licensee’s rights under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any statutory instruments made thereunder or any amending legislation.