All borrowers must be registered in the library’s circulation system and show a WesternU ID badge with each transaction.
Faculty, staff, and students of WesternU must have a WU issued ID card to be eligible for library services. Students may check out books for the following time periods:
|On Campus Pomona Students||1 week, 3 renewals|
|On Campus Northwest Students||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|All Off Campus Students||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Popular reading books||2 months|
|Alumni & IEALC (limit of 3 items)||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Reserve items||Varies by reserve|
|Interlibrary Loan Books||3 weeks, no renewal|
|Theses & Dissertations||1 month, no renewal|
|Journals||Library Use Only|
|Adjunct Faculty||6 weeks, no renewals|
|Clinical Faculty||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Faculty||6 weeks, 2 renewals|
|OPTI-West||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Guests||Please call the library at 909-469-5323 for more information.|
If items are not returned by the scheduled due date, they are considered overdue and late charges will accrue.
- • Overdue charges are $.25 per day, per item
- › Fines are payable at the Pumerantz Library or Lebanon campus bookstore.
- • Reserve Material is $1.00 per day, per item.
- • Overdue fines on InterLibrary Loan is $1.00 per day, per item.
- • Patrons will have their borrowing privileges suspended when their items are overdue or they have fines of any amount.
- • Courtesy notices will be sent out for 3 weeks as a reminder to return materials.
- • Items will be marked lost after the third notice and a bill will be sent for the replacement cost of materials plus a $30.00 processing fee.
- • If overdue fines, lost and/or damage fees collectively are over $500.00 and not paid by faculty, staff or visitors within 90 days, it may be sent to collections at the discretion of library administration.
Holds may be placed on the circulation collection which excludes Reserve and Reference items.To place holds, you will log in with your WesternU username (without @westernu.edu) and password. If you are not able to log in, please contact Library Circulation at 909-469-5323 or email email@example.com.
- › Items will be held for two days at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- › An item may not be renewed if there is a wait list for the item.
- › There is a limit of five active holds at any one time.
- • Holds may be placed on the circulating collection which excludes Media Lab, Reserve and Reference items.
- • Holds should be canceled by the requester in-person, by phone or online if the item is no longer needed.
- • Repeatedly not picking up hold items may result in the loss of hold privileges.
The Pumerantz Library offers the ability to renew your materials using the online catalog. To renew items, you will log in with your WesternU username (without @westernu.edu) and password. If you are not able to log in, please contact Library Circulation at 909-469-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the library’s online catalog and click on My Account.
- Click Renew My Materials.
- Enter your WesternU username (without ‘@westernu.edu’) and password. Click List Charged Items.
- If you want to renew all material on your account, select the radio button Renew all.
- If you want to renew selected material, click the radio button Renew selected items then click check marks next to the material you would like to renew.
- Click Renew selected items. A summary page will let you know if your renewals were successful.
- An item may not be renewed if there is a wait list for the item or if you have exceeded your renewal limit.
- If your items do not renew successfully please call the circulation desk during library operating hours at (909) 469-5323.
Print journals are library use only and available for copying/scanning. Photocopiers/scanners are available on the 1st and 2nd floors of the library.