How can I borrow a book?
During the library renovation visit the library catalog to search for a book and place a hold (video tutorial). We will email you at your WesternU email address to let you know when the book is ready to pick up.
Where do I pick up my books?
Present your WesternU ID badge at the Library circulation desk.
How can I borrow a journal?
Faculty, staff and students may request an article from our print journal collection using our document delivery service. Requests for physical print journal issues will have up to a 48 hour wait period and are library use only. To view in person, contact the library at 909-469-5323.
How long can I borrow material?
|On Campus Pomona Students||1 week, 3 renewals|
|On Campus Northwest Students||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|All Off Campus Students||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Alumni & IEALC (limit of 3 items)||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Reserve items||Varies by reserve|
|Interlibrary Loan Books||3 weeks, no renewal|
|Theses & Dissertations||1 month, no renewal|
|Journals||Library Use Only|
|Adjunct Faculty||6 weeks, no renewals|
|Clinical Faculty||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Faculty||6 weeks, 2 renewals|
|OPTI-West & UHS (limit of 3 items)||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Guests||Please call the library at 909-469-5323 for more information.|
Items not returned by the scheduled due date are considered overdue and late charges will accrue.
How much are the overdue fines?
|Most Items such as Books, Theses & Dissertations||$.25/day per item|
|Reserves||$1/day per item for most items|
|Interlibrary Loan||$1/day per item|
Where do I pay my fines?
Visit the Pumerantz Library or Lebanon campus bookstore.
What happens if I don’t pay the fines and return what I borrowed?
You won’t be able to borrow if you don’t return the items and pay any overdue fines. After a third notice, we will send you a bill to replace the cost of materials plus a $30.00 processing fee. If overdue fines, lost and/or damage fees are collectively over $500.00 and not paid by faculty, staff or visitors within 90 days, it may be sent to collections at the discretion of library administration.
What can I place a hold on?
You can place a hold on items in our circulation collection. This does not include reserve, media, and reference items.
How do I place a hold?
To place holds, you will log in to the library catalog with your WesternU username (without @westernu.edu) and password. If you are not able to log in, please contact Library Circulation at 909-469-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many holds can I place?
During the library redesign there is no limit.
How long will my item(s) stay on hold?
We will hold your item(s) for two days at the circulation desk.
How do I cancel a hold?
You can cancel it in person, by phone, or online through the library catalog.
How can I renew material?
You can renew online, in person, or by telephone. An item cannot be renewed if there is a waitlist.
How do I renew online?
- Visit the library’s online catalog and click on My Account.
- Click Renew My Materials.
- Enter your WesternU username (without ‘@westernu.edu’) and password. Click List Charged Items.
- If you want to renew all material on your account, select the radio button Renew all.
- If you want to renew selected material, click the radio button Renew selected items then click check marks next to the material you would like to renew.
- Click Renew selected items. A summary page will let you know if your renewals were successful.
- An item may not be renewed if there is a wait list for the item or if you have exceeded your renewal limit.
- If your items do not renew successfully please call the circulation desk during library operating hours at (909) 469-5323.