Instructors can place items in the library collection or personal items related to the course curriculum on reserve at the library circulation desk.
How to place an item on reserve
- Submit the online Reserve Request Form
- › You may also submit a print version to the library: Reserve Request Form (88KB Word .doc)
- Deliver items to the library at least 24 hours before students are notified
Who can place an item on reserve? Only the instructor of the course may request to put an item on reserve.
What can I place on reserve? Items in the library collection, or items directly related to the course curriculum may be placed on reserve at the circulation desk. You cannot place required textbooks.
- • Video: Include viewing instructions before sending the DVD to the library
- • Photocopies of journal articles: Each page and/or set must be numbered and copyright compliant
- • Supplemental books
- • Personal books
If a library item is requested for reserve but is currently checked out, the item will be placed on hold. It will be placed on reserved when it is returned. Checked out items will not be recalled.
How long can items be on reserve? For up to 2 weeks or, with the approval of the Library Director, up to the duration of the course.
When should I give the library the reserve item(s)? Item(s) must be delivered to the Library 24 hours before students are notified that the item is on reserve.
When will the library return my personal item(s)? We will return your item(s) at the end of the reserve period
How can students search for reserves? Students can view reserves on the library catalog