Take a look at our visit options and consider attending a WesternU Preview. If you’d like to discuss specifics with an advisor, schedule an advising appointment, online, on campus, or over the phone. When you request additional information we’ll make sure you receive program updates and deadline reminders. Of course, you can always find us on social media.
If you have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in pharmacy and want to advance your career by earning a PharmD degree, then consider our PharmD International Pathway (PIP) Program, which was formerly known as our International Post-Baccalaureate Program (IPBP). Our PIP program is targeted to domestic and/or foreign-trained pharmacists with a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or equivalent), who wish to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree. By qualifying for this program, you advance directly into the second year of the PharmD curriculum, which enables you to complete your degree in three years.
What Sets Us Apart:
An innovative block-system curriculum we pioneered that allows you to master one subject before moving on to the next. The curriculum is taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty with advanced training in a wide range of specialties. Outstanding clinical opportunities in the second half of your training prepare you to be practice-ready.
Come Join Our WesternU Family!
Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers you:
- Outstanding board exam first-time passing rate and reputation for producing well-trained graduates who receive multiple high-paying job offers.
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning.
- Early and extensive clinical training that develops professional and communication skills on campus and at a wide range of clinical sites.
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities.
- Student participation in federally funded research programs.
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students.
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources.
- Diverse student body and rich array of student club and volunteer opportunities.
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected PharmD alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) | Introductory Info Session
Tuesday, August 16 at 3:00 PM Pacific Standard TimePharmacy has been one of the most successful and stable professions in this country for generations. The journey to becoming a Pharmacist has changed dramatically and can be a little tricky. Please join us for this introductory information session ideal for students who are looking to begin their journey.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) | Detailed Program Preview
Tuesday, September 20 at 3:00 PM Pacific Standard TimeThis in-depth Program Preview is designed to help you learn more about our well-established PharmD program. During this online event you will:
- Hear from Dr. Sunil Prabhu, the Dean of College of Pharmacy
- Learn about the curriculum and program philosophy
- Learn what it takes to be a competitive applicant
- Meet current PharmD students and Admissions representatives
- Hear about the admissions process, next steps, and ask your admissions questions
- American Association College of Pharmacy Virtual Fair
Thursday, September 22 at 7:00 AM Pacific Standard TimeThis event is hosted externally by American Association College of Pharmacy. We are looking forward to attending this event and hope you ‘ll stop by and speak with us. You should be able to join this event by registering directly with the host. We look forward to speaking with you.