Please note that many of our programs have made exceptions to the application process and admissions requirements due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic response. Additionally, references to in-person campus visits, events, lab work, or classroom interactions should be read in light of current campus health and safety guidelines, which continue to evolve in response to changing conditions. More information can be found on WesternU’s COVID-19 Information page. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.
THE FIRST STEP IN THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS IS TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON TRACK TO COMPLETE THE REQUIREMENTS IN TIME TO APPLY FOR YOUR PREFERRED YEAR OF ENTRY.
A Bachelor of Science (BS) in Pharmacy or equivalent
Submit Foreign Coursework to an Approved Evaluation Service – If Applicable
- All coursework taken from non-U.S. institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- International applicants, or any other applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who are living in the U.S., must provide proof of legal U.S. residency prior to matriculation.
Test of English language proficiency – If Required
Required for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools.TOEFL scores are valid for two years and must be submitted by June 1, prior to matriculation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) preferred score
- Internet-Based test (IBT): 79
- Computer Based test: 213
- The test of English language proficiency will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Are a U.S. Citizen
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in the U.S. or a country whose native language is English (e.g. Canada, Australia, Great Britain)
International Students: We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.
Preparing And Submitting Your Application
The apply now page will provide you with step-by-step instructions as well as an application checklist. There are a number of supporting materials that make up your completed application, and it is essential that you print and carefully follow the checklist to ensure that you properly submit these pieces by the deadline.