Description: BioOne Complete is BioOne’s full-text database of 200 leading journals in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
Subject Coverage: Agriculture & agronomy, biodiversity conservation, ecology, entomology, environmental sciences, evolutionary biology, geology & paleontology, marine & freshwater biology, ornithology, plant sciences, veterinary sciences, zoology
Current and emeritus members of the faculty and other staff of Members (whether on permanent, temporary, contract, or visiting basis) and individuals who are currently studying at a Member’s institution, who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the library Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study (including but not limited to offices and homes, halls of residence, and student dormitories) and who have been issued a password or other authentication by a Member, together with other persons who are permitted to use a Members library or information service and permitted to access the Secure Network but only from library workstations within the Member’s Library Premises.
A university, other educational institution, or research organization that is in membership of the Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium (SCELC) and listed in Appendix A, and which has agreed by virtue of its membership to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License as if it were a party to it jointly with SCELC.
Pursuant to these terms and conditions, the Licensee and Authorized Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve, and display the Licensed Materials.
- Print a copy or download and save individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for personal use.
- Use individual parts of the Licensed Materials within Learning Objects for Members’ teaching, learning, or training purposes.
- Use Text Mining technologies to derive information from the Licensed Materials.
- Distribute a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users or to other individual scholars collaborating with Authorized Users but only for the purposes of research and private study. For the avoidance of doubt, this sub-section will include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User in a class at a Member’s institution.
- Download a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials and share the same with other Authorized Users or other individual scholars collaborating in a specific research project with such Authorized Users, provided that it is held and accessed with a network that is not accessible to any person not directly involved in such collaboration and provided that it is deleted from such network immediately upon completion of the collaboration.
- Supply to an Authorized User or another library a copy of an individual document being part of the Licensed Materials by post, fax, or electronic transmission via the Internet or otherwise, for the purposes of research or private study but not for Commercial Use.
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Materials in printed Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections and in Virtual Leaming Environments for the use of Authorized Users in the course of instruction at a Member’s institution, but not for Commercial Use. Each item will carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author of the extract, title and author of the work, and the publisher. Copies of such items shall be deleted by the Member when they are no longer used for such purpose. Course Packs in non-electronic, non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Member, are visually impaired.
Neither the Consortium nor any Member nor Authorized Users may:
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Materials.
- Systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts, or make multiple copies of any part of the Licensed Materials for any purpose other than expressly permitted by this License.
- Prepare derivative works or download, mount, or distribute any part of the Licensed Materials on any electronic system or network, including without limitation the Internet and World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network, except where expressly pem1itted by this License
BioOne’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use.
- Systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users, other than as permitted in this License.
- Publish, distribute, or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works which combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this License.
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible to Authorized Users or as otherwise permitted in this License. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Download a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials and share the same with other Authorized Users or other individual scholars collaborating in a specific research project with such Authorized Users, provided that it is held and accessed with a network that is not accessible to any person not directly involved in such collaboration and provided that it is deleted from such network immediately upon completion of the collaboration.
BioOne agrees to grant to the Consortium the non-exclusive and non-transferable right to give Members and Authorized Users access to the Licensed Materials via a Secure Network for the purposes of research, teaching, and private study, subject to the terms and conditions of this License.
Nothing in this License shall in any way exclude, modify, or affect any of the Consortium’s or any Member’s rights under the Copyright Revision Act of 1976 as amended subsequently.
Full policy: https://complete.bioone.org/privacy-policy