Description: SpringerLink provides access to journals, books, protocols, and reference works published by Springer in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
“Authorized Users” means Licensee’s full- and part- time faculty members, students, staff, researchers, contractors (provided that the use by a contractor of Licensee is authorized solely to the extent it is for the benefit of Licensee, and not for the benefit of the contractor or any third party), and walk-in users, authorized by Licensee.
The authorized site covered in this license is Western University of Health Sciences as a subscribing member of the SCELC (Statewide California Electronic Library) consortium.
Authorized Users may solely for their personal educational, scientific, or research purposes:
- access (including by remote access via institutional proxy server, with the exception of walk-in users), browse, view, collate, display, search and retrieve the Content,
- download, store on a hard drive or removable media drive, print and copy in paper and digital form single articles, chapters or other individual items of the Content,
- use single articles, chapters or other individual items of the Content for the preparation of academic course materials with all rights notices duly presented.
- Licensees and Authorized Users may make all use of the Licensed Materials as is consistent with Section 107 (the Fair Use Provisions) of the United States Copyright Act.
- Scholarly Sharing. To the extent permitted under applicable Licensor policies, available at http://www.springernature.com/gp/researchers/sharedit?countryChanged=true , Authorized Users may transmit to a third-party colleague, via the Springer Nature Sharedit functionality, reasonable amounts of the Licensed Products for personal, scholarly, educational, or research materials, but in no case for commercial purposes nor in any manner or magnitude as to act as a replacement for that third-party recipient’s own subscription to the Content.
Neither Licensee nor Authorized Users shall:
- remove, obscure or alter any copyright or other notices, trademarks, logos, service marks or any other proprietary rights appearing in or on the Content,
- except as permitted by applicable law or this License Agreement, update, change, revise, adapt, modify, translate, transform or create any derivative work of the Content,
- except as permitted by Section 2 or by applicable law or this License Agreement, re- distribute, reproduce, or transmit the Content by any means including electronic (e.g., via e-mail, FTP) nor post it on personal or public websites or on public networks,
- systematically download any Content, use routines designed to continuously and automatically search and index the Content (full text and metadata), such as web-crawling or spider programs or engage in any activity likely to burden the Platforms, except as expressly allowed in the License Agreement,
- directly or indirectly use or assist any third party to use the Content for any commercial or monetary purposes including without limitation any sale, resale, loan, transfer or upload of the Content to a commercial entity’s internet website, or otherwise charge a fee for access; or
- otherwise use the Content in a manner that would infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights contained therein.
Permitted as long as Licensee uses commercially reasonable efforts, which include implementing current industry standard physical, administrative, and technical measures to (a) restrict access and use of the Content to Authorized Users as permitted under this License Agreement (b) maintain the security and integrity of the Content accessible on or through Licensee’s network, and (c) ensure, using commercially reasonable efforts, that all Authorized Users are notified of and comply with the usage restrictions set forth in this License Agreement.
Will only disclose to unaffiliated third parties:
- • Anonymous aggregate statistics about users of the website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties for other lawful purposes
- • To contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the website
- • In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party
- • If legally entitled or required to do so
Full policy: http://link.springer.com/privacystatement