Research Services

Harriet K. & Philip Pumerantz Library provides support for your research efforts. See how we can help or contact your college’s liaison librarian. For any questions on how to contact us, view our Ask a Librarian service.

Need help with literature searches to back-up your research?

Fill in the Literature Search Request Form and the librarians will perform the literature search for you based on the criteria you have provided us.

Need information on impact factors, citation analysis, or possible journals to publish in?

Contact the department at or call 909-469-5323 and ask for Reference. We can search bibliometric measures such as Impact Factors and/or Eigenfactor for you and compile a list of journals that you can try to publish in.

Need help with EndNote and managing your citations for your article?

Harriet K. & Philip Pumerantz Library provides for you, EndNote, a bibliographic or citation management software that allows users to save and organize citations. For information about this software, review the EndNote web page. Additionally, the Reference & Outreach department provides Basic and Intermediate workshops on Endnote throughout the Academic Year.

Have questions about author rights for your article or copyright permissions or other copyright questions?

Contact the department at or call 909-469-5323 and ask for Reference. We can help you evaluate your author rights, help you obtain copyright permissions or consult on any copyright questions you may have. Also check out our Research Guide on Copyright Information and Resources  for general information about copyright and fair use. Don’t forget to look at the NIH Public Access Policy guide if you are publishing on research supported by an NIH grant.

Need one-on-one help or small group help?

Take a look at our Office Call service to find out how we can come to you to help you or a small group at your office. One-on-one Office calls can also be provided virtually with the advent of the Lync software.

Need to get an article, book chapter, or book?

If a journal article, book chapter, or book is not available from Harriet K. & Philip Pumerantz Library, you can request an Interlibrary Loan from another library using ILLiad. Please submit 5 requests at a time. For any questions regarding this service, contact the InterLibrary Loan & Document Delivery department.

If a journal article or book chapter is available from Harriet. K & Philip Pumerantz Library, you can request a copy be made on the article or book chapter via InterLibrary Loan & Document Delivery department.. We can also help you put a book on hold or you can place a hold on a book using your library account and that book will be available for you to be picked up at a later date.

Are you a Clinical Faculty/Preceptor or an OPTI-West Resident?

If you are a clinical faculty or an OPTI-West Resident, you can request a remote access username/password by filling out the Remote Access Request Form. Once your application has been approved, you will be issued a personalized username/password. This username and password will expire yearly on June 30 at which time you will need to re-submit your application again. Remote access passwords are for individual, non-commercial use and may not be shared.

Want to research the heath care history or the history of the university? Maybe you have questions about records management?

Take a look at our Archives and Special Collections information or contact our University Archivist by calling 909-469-5323 and asking for the University Archivist.