The library’s 14 study rooms are available for student use. Students must agree to the terms of service when reserving a room.
How to Reserve a Study Room
1. Make a reservation: online, visit the library services desk, or call the library at 909-469-5323
- Log into Booked.
- The scheduling page will take you to the current day first.
- Select an available time slot. Reservations can be made for 30 minutes to 4 hours. You are permitted up to 4 hours initially. Once you have completed your 4-hour reservation time, you can reserve an additional 4 hours as time and space allow.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance. The reservation must start and end during the 24-hour window. Example: It is 8:00 am on Monday and you want to reserve a room from 7:00am-11:00am on Tuesday. This reservation will not go through on Monday at 8:00am. You will need to wait until Monday at 11:00am to reserve a room the next day that will end at 11:00am.
- In the reservation window, enter the number of students and agree to the terms of service.
- Select “Save”. If your notifications are set up, you will receive a confirmation email.
2. Check-in at the library services desk
At your designated reservation time, visit the library services desk. Although at this time the study rooms are unlocked it is important to check in at the front desk, so we know you have arrived. Otherwise, your reservation may be deleted. Reservations are held for 15 minutes.
3. Check-out at the library services desk.
If you are planning on leaving the library before your reserved time is complete, please let the front desk staff know. This will allow them to remove your remaining reservation time, to free up space for the next person..
How to Cancel a Reservation
- Open your reservation.
- The “Editing Reservation” window will open.
- From desktop/laptop: Select “More” to open the menu.
- From mobile: Select the icon with the 3 vertical dots.
- Select “Delete”.
- The “Delete” window will open. Select “Delete” to confirm.
- A confirmation message will appear. Select “Close”.
Study Room FAQs
How many rooms are available? There are 13 study rooms total on the 3rd floor and 1 on the 1st floor
Who can use the rooms? WesternU students
How many people can use the rooms? Rooms accommodate a range of 1 to 20 students. To view the maximum capacity per room, log in to Booked and hover over the study room name. This opens the room description.
What does each room look like? Each room contains different equipment and furniture. For detailed descriptions and images, go to Booked. From the schedule, hover over the room name.
How soon can I reserve a study room? You can reserve a room up to 24 hours in advance for a single study period of up to four hours.
How long can I reserve a room? Reservation length can be 30 minutes to 4 hours. Pending availability, you can request up to an additional 4 hours at the end of your reservation.
I reserved a room, but I am running late. Can I still use the study room I reserved? The reservation will be held for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the reservation will be released.
Can I do a walk-in request? Yes, if there are rooms available.
How can I set my notification preferences? By default, all options are set to “Send me an email”. To modify notifications:
- Log in to Booked.
- From the top of the page, open the “My Account” menu.
- Select “Notification Preferences”.
- Modify the selections and select “Update”.