Welcome to our College Spotlight page, where we proudly showcase remarkable achievements from our WesternU CVM family! Here, you’ll find a collection of individual and group accomplishments, breakthroughs, and milestones. From groundbreaking research to exceptional clinical and educational initiatives, we aim to inspire and celebrate the innovative spirit that thrives within our CVM community. Join us as we celebrate stories of excellence, brilliance, and progress that make our team truly shine.
Current Spotlight AJVR and JAVMA Spotlight – June 2023
- July 2023 – “WesternU CVM Receives Support from NIH to Train Future Veterinary Scientists and Diversity the Biomedical Research Workforce“, Dr. Dominique Griffon.
- August 2023 – “WesternU CVM’s Yvonne Drechsler secures $300,000 USDA Seed Grant to Combat Coccidiosis Infection in Chickens“, Dr. Yvonne Drechsler
- February 2022 – “CVM Researchers Secure $339,038 USDA SARE Grant to Improve Calf Welfare in Conventional and Organic Dairy Farms“, Dr. Jose Peralta, Dr. Brian Oakley, Dr. Jim Reynolds, Dr. Manel Lopez-Bejar, and UC ANR collaborator Betsy M. Karle
- January 2021 – “CVM Researcher Excels in Publication Efforts in 2020“, Dr. Manel Lopez-Bejar
- March 2021 – “WesternU Researcher Receives Grant from ASPCA to Find Low-Cost Treatment for CCLD in Dogs“, Dr. Dominique Griffon
- April 2021 – “WesternU Researcher Recognized by AKC CHF Researcher Spotlight“, Dr. Linda Kidd
- May 2021 – “WesternU Researcher Awarded Grant from Elsa U. Pardee Foundation to Study BMP Signaling in Prostate Cancer“, Dr. Jijun Hao
- June 2021 – “CVM Researcher Receives Cobb-Vantress Endowed Graduate Poultry Research Fellowship Award“, Brandi Sparling and Dr. Yvonne Drechsler
- January 2020 – “WesternU CVM Researcher Receives $1.6 Million R01 Grant from the Department of Defense“, Dr. Mohammad Mir
- February 2020 – “WesternU CVM Researchers Receive Grant from ACVD to Identify Biomarkers in Canine Atopic Dermatitis“, Dr. Jijun Hao and Dr. Gagandeep Kaur
- July 2020 – “Video Abstract on the recent publication by CVM faculty and trainees“, Dr. Dominique Griffon