Congratulations and Welcome to the WesternU Family
We are excited for you to join the College of Podiatric Medicine in June 2022! In the meantime, be sure to complete the items on your “To-Do Before Orientation” list and utilize the resources provided below to prepare for your arrival on campus.
It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information).
Accepting our Offer
If you haven’t already, you can accept your offer of admission by visiting your application status page. Once you have logged into your application and viewed your offer letter, a ‘Reply to Offer of Admission’ link will appear on your status page. The deadline for accepting your offer will be listed directly below the link. Click on the link and review/accept the terms of your offer of admissions. After you have accepted our offer of admission, the enrollment deposit payment link will be available. Your deposit deadline will also appear directly below the enrollment deposit payment link.
Again, congratulations and we look forward to seeing you on-campus soon!
Your WesternU Support Team
- Carefully read and submit all requirements on your Next Steps document.
- Review the Important Dates, FAQs, Financial Aid and Housing documents.
- Complete and submit the Immunization, Health History & Physical Examination forms (PDF)
- Complete the PreCheck background check process
- Begin self-study for APMLE Part I examination (details will be emailed once you are a registered student)
- Provide proof of health insurance when requested
- Ensure your laptop meets the minimum technical standards
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – If applicable
- Link to the Student Portal to find a roommate or to advertise/review available housing
(Email/Portal Password Required)
After you have accepted our offer and paid your first deposit, you will be assigned a WesternU e-mail account. Once your account is created, your account information will be available on your application status page. It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information). Your WesternU e-mail account login will also provide you access to the Student Portal, https://you.westernu.edu and Blackboard. Please note that Blackboard accounts will not be available for incoming students until at least one week prior to the start of classes.
Registration for incoming students typically takes place late April/early May. You will need to complete all outstanding admissions requirements (see “To-Do before Orientation” list above) before you will be able to register for classes. Registration information will be sent to your WesternU e-mail address just prior to the start of classes. During registration, you will also be required to provide proof of active health insurance coverage. Additional information on the University’s health insurance coverage requirements can be found on the Registrar’s website.
Website Resources and Who to Contact with Questions
The College reserves the right to withdraw its offer of admission for any of the following reasons:
- any of the information submitted in the application or other materials submitted in support of the application is materially inaccurate, false or misleading;
- any event occurs subsequent to the College’s offer of admission that is inconsistent with the college’s standards of professional conduct, which may include, but is not limited to (a) any act of cheating or other academic dishonesty; (b) any conduct that would constitute a felony or misdemeanor crime (regardless of whether such conduct has resulted in any criminal charge or conviction); or (c) any other conduct that adversely affects the applicant’s reputation or standing in the academic community.