Description: ScienceDirect provides access to journals and books on a wide array of scientific topics, including biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, chemistry, clinical medicine, engineering, and veterinary medicine. Topics pages provide an overview of new terms and concepts, with links to relevant literature.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of WesternU.
Provider: Elsevier Science
Authorized Users are the full-time and part-time students, faculty, staff and researchers of the Subscriber and individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors of the Subscriber affiliated with the Subscriber’s locations and individuals using computer terminals within the library facilities at the Sites permitted by the Subscriber to access the subscribed products for purposes of personal research, education or other non-corporate use..
Each Authorized User may:
- • access, search, browse and view the Subscribed Products;
- • print, download and store a reasonable portion of individual items from the Subscribed Products for the exclusive use of such Authorized User;
- • incorporate links to the Subscribed Products on the Subscriber’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic coursepacks, reserves and course management systems and instructor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier;
- • provide print or electronic copies of individual items from the Subscribed Products to other Authorized Users and to third-party colleagues for their scholarly or research use;
- • store individual journal articles from the Subscribed Products in the private library of a social networking site for the Authorized User’s own personal use only;
- • share individual journal articles from the Subscribed Products with third party colleagues individually for their scholarly or research use;
- • share individual journal articles from the Subscribed Products with a limited number of third party colleagues as part of an invitation only working group on a social networking site for personal, scholarly or research use that works with publishers to provide anonymized usage information; and
- • access, search, browse, view, print, make electronic copies and store for the exclusive use of such Authorized User or, if the Authorized User is a librarian/information specialist, for the exclusive use of another Authorized User certain journal articles and book chapters from the ScienceDirect online service that are not subscribed to as part of the Subscribed Products, with each twenty-four hour access period for a selected article or chapter, a “Transaction”.
The subscriber may deliver journal articles from Subscribed Titles and, if any, book chapters from the Subscribed Products to fulfill requests as part of the practice commonly known as “Interlibrary Loan” from noncommercial libraries located within the United States, provided that the Subscriber’s staff reviews the requests and fulfills the requests in compliance with Section 108 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
Will only disclose to unaffiliated third parties:
- • To suppliers and service providers
- • As determined by your communications preferences and other settings
- • For legal reasons
- • As part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company
Full policy: https://www.elsevier.com/legal/privacy-policy