Information for Guests
Individuals not affiliated with Western University of Health Sciences are permitted to use the library within the public service limits listed below.
- • Check in at the guard station to obtain a guest ID badge. You will need to show a form of government ID with a photo.
- • Guest ID badges must be worn at all times.
- • Prior to leaving, checkout at the guard station to return the Guest ID badge
- • Library Signature Card
- › Required in order to borrow select materials from the circulation collection
- › Annual fee of $100.00 (cost subject to change)
- • Loan Period
- › Maximum of 3 items for a 2-week period
- › 1 renewal as long as there are no holds on the item
- • Computer Use Policy: Guests may use the computers on the first floor for educational research purposes in 2 hour increments
- • Using the Computers: Instructions for logging into the computers
- • Guests are not permitted to use the computer ports to plug in laptop computers to access the school’s network or the internet
- • Reference librarians are located on the second floor to help answer limited research questions of no longer than 20 minutes in length.
- • Research help beyond 20 minutes in length and/or more in-depth in nature is available for a fee of up to $50 per hour.
- • Printing Services:
- › Guests may print on the first floor using a guest account
- › Contact the Circulation staff for assistance with printing
Food and Drinks
Food and drinks are allowed in the library on any floor; however, this does not include around the computers. We ask that hot food, such as pizza, be eaten on the first floor. Please be respectful of other library users and remember to clean up after yourself.