Congratulations And Welcome To The WesternU Family
We are excited for you to join the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific-Northwest in the Fall! In the meantime, be sure to complete the items on your “To-Do Before Orientation” list and utilize the resources provided below to prepare for your arrival on campus.
It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information).
Accepting Our Offer
Again, congratulations and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Your WesternU Support Team
`To-Do` Before Orientation
We understand that receipt and submission of these documents and clearances may be delayed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We encourage you to submit as soon as you have your documents collected to allow adequate time for review and processing. You will be notified by email when your documents have been received and if any additional information is required.
At this time, students should try to have all health clearance documents submitted on or before June 1, 2022. Please communicate with the Student Employee Health Office should you need additional time to submit your documents.
- Carefully read and follow instruction on your Next Steps document (PDF)
- Review Financial Aid Document
- Complete and submit the Immunization, Health History & Physical Examination forms
- Samaritan Hospital offers a reduced rate on serum titers, see below for details
- Provide proof of health insurance when requested
- Complete and submit the Screening Assessment for Structural Exam (PDF) form
- Read the PreCheck instructions prior to beginning your background check:
- Review Personal Competencies for Admission and Matriculation
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Link to the Student Portal to find a roommate or to advertise/review available housing
(Email/Portal Password Required)
- View Welcome Week Event Information
WesternU E-Mail/Portal/Blackboard Accounts
After you have accepted our offer and paid your first deposit, you will be assigned a WesternU e-mail account. Once your account is created, your account information will be available on your application status page. It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information). Your WesternU e-mail account login will also provide you access to the Student Portal, https://my.westernu.edu and Blackboard. Please note that Blackboard accounts will not be available for incoming students until at least one week prior to the start of classes.
Registration for incoming students typically takes place July 1 – July 31. You will need to complete all outstanding admissions requirements (see “To-Do before Orientation” list above) before you will be able to register for classes. Registration information will be sent to your WesternU e-mail address just prior to the start of classes. During registration, you will also be required to provide proof of active health insurance coverage. Additional information on the University’s health insurance coverage requirements can be found on the Registrar’s website.
Reduced Rate On Required Serum Titers At Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital (SLCH)
If you are a student attending COMP-Northwest in Lebanon, Oregon, you can use the SLCH lab to obtain the required serum titers at a markedly reduced rate. COMP Northwest has a standing order with Occupational Medicine 55 Mullins Drive Suite B2 Lebanon, Oregon. Students should stop in or call Occupational Medicine to have the order for the labs sent to SLCH. This order form must be given to the lab to obtain the required serum titers at the reduced rate. You will be required to pay for this service before the blood can be drawn. Please note, the lab is located within the main hospital. View the Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital Map.
Issues That Could Prevent Your Enrollment As A Student
The College reserves the right to withdraw its offer of admission for any of the following reasons:
- any of the information submitted in the application or other materials submitted in support of the application is materially inaccurate, false or misleading;
- any event occurs subsequent to the College’s offer of admission that is inconsistent with the college’s standards of professional conduct, which may include, but is not limited to (a) any act of cheating or other academic dishonesty; (b) any conduct that would constitute a felony or misdemeanor crime (regardless of whether such conduct has resulted in any criminal charge or conviction); or (c) any other conduct that adversely affects the applicant’s reputation or standing in the academic community.