We offer weekly and monthly activities to promote a healthy lifestyle as well as embed wellness sessions within each conference week.
MEDWell is an acronym that stands for: Mindfulness, Exercise and Diet through Work, Engagement and Lifelong Learning.
Wellness is not a program; it is a culture. Our health does not have a starting or stopping point, we live our lives in our bodies 24 hours a day. MEDWell was born out of the desire to help you maintain your global health while you navigate this difficult and rewarding experience called medical school.
Mondays we have mindfulness sessions that consist of activities like meditation, journaling, music and yoga.
Join Mindful Monday Zoom Meeting
Fridays we exercise together. Core, bodyweight, yoga, virtual 5ks, and other themed workouts.
Join Fitness Friday Zoom Meeting
The NiM series is now, and historically has been, driven by student interest in the power of nutrition and how it relates to human health and disease. Integral in this acquisition of information is the medical profession’s responsibility to more fully understand this important connection and, more specifically, to better care for our patients utilizing this knowledge. Though students are largely involved with the topic selection of the two-year-long NiM series, each session will be presented by faculty and guest lecturers who are leaders in the field of evidence-based nutrition.
2020-2021 Session Recordings
- Session 1: Practical Application of Nutrition in a Student’s Life
- Session 2: Nutrition and the Gut Microbiome
- Session 3: A New Paradigm of Human Health: What the Microbiome and Fecal Transplant are Teaching Us
- Session 4: The Important Intersection between Nutrition and Brain Health
- Session 5: Preventing and Reversing Cardiovascular and Chronic Disease
- Session 6: Using Foods to Address Diabetes and other Hormonal Disorders
- Session 7: The deficiency in our diet