Congratulations and Welcome to the WesternU Family
We are excited for you to join the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program in Fall 2022! In the meantime, be sure to complete the items on your “To-Do Before Orientation” list and utilize the resources provided below to prepare for your arrival on campus.
It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information).
Accepting our Offer
If you haven’t already, you can accept your offer of admission by visiting your application status page. Once you have logged into your application and viewed your offer letter, a ‘Reply to Offer of Admission’ link will appear on your status page. The deadline for accepting your offer will be listed directly below the link. Click on the link and review/accept the terms of your offer of admissions. After you have accepted our offer of admission, the enrollment deposit payment link will be available (if applicable). Your deposit deadline will also appear directly below the enrollment deposit payment link.
Again, congratulations and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Your WesternU Support Team
We understand that receipt and submission of these documents and clearances may be delayed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We encourage you to submit as soon as you have your documents collected to allow adequate time for review and processing. You will be notified by email when your documents have been received and if any additional information is required.
At this time, students should try to have all health clearance documents submitted on or before June 1, 2022. Please communicate with the Student Employee Health Office should you need additional time to submit your documents.
- Carefully read and submit all requirements on the DVM Next Steps
- Review Financial Aid Document
- Check out the FAQ’s
- Complete and submit the Immunization, Health History & Physical Examination forms
- Submit an unofficial grade/degree report (if applicable)
- Provide proof of health insurance when requested
- Ensure your laptop meets the minimum technical standards
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Link to the Student Portal to find a roommate or to advertise/review available housing
(Email/Portal Password Required)
- View Welcome Week Event Information
Read the “Next Steps” document enclosed in your Offer Packet. Contact Admissions if you have any questions.
Late June, 2022
Registration information and instructions will be emailed and you may register online at your convenience during the month of July.
All required documents must be submitted before you may register.
- See your “Next Steps” document for details and direction.
Week of August 2, 2022
Welcome Week! (Attendance Required)
Your orientation week is the week of August 1, 2022. Orientation is an important part of beginning your professional career at Western University of Health Sciences, and we look forward to getting to know you better at this time.
After you have accepted our offer and paid your first deposit, you will be assigned a WesternU e-mail account. Once your account is created, your account information will be available on your application status page. It is essential that you regularly check your WesternU e-mail account (once assigned) as all reminders and follow-up from the University will be sent through this account (including financial aid, registration and final admission requirements information). Your WesternU e-mail account login will also provide you access to the Student Portal, https://you.westernu.edu and Blackboard. Please note that Blackboard accounts will not be available for incoming students until at least one week prior to the start of classes.
Registration for incoming students typically takes place July 1 – July 31. You will need to complete all outstanding admissions requirements (see “To-Do before Orientation” list above) before you will be able to register for classes. Registration information will be sent to your WesternU e-mail address just prior to the start of classes. During registration, you will also be required to provide proof of active health insurance coverage. Additional information on the University’s health insurance coverage requirements can be found on the Registrar’s website.
Issues that Could Prevent Your Enrollment as a Student
The College reserves the right to withdraw its offer of admission for any of the following reasons:
- any of the information submitted in the application or other materials submitted in support of the application is materially inaccurate, false or misleading;
- any event occurs subsequent to the College’s offer of admission that is inconsistent with the college’s standards of professional conduct, which may include, but is not limited to (a) any act of cheating or other academic dishonesty; (b) any conduct that would constitute a felony or misdemeanor crime (regardless of whether such conduct has resulted in any criminal charge or conviction); or (c) any other conduct that adversely affects the applicant’s reputation or standing in the academic community.