Budgets and Cost of Attendance
The Financial Aid budgets at Western University of Health Sciences are developed using guidelines set down by the Department of Education and estimated costs associated with each college/university. With the exception of Tuition and Fees, budgets are updated each award year by using the College Board, Consumer Price Index and the Bureau of Labor Statistics that releases data on annual consumer percent changes.
The budget components (cost of attendance factors) are:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies
- Room and Board
- Personal Expenses
- Other fees as determined by program/college
- Loan Origination Fees
Budget components are estimated costs and subject to change.
Western University does not participate in consortium agreements.
It is essential that you understand that the budget is for the student and student only. For those students that are married, it is highly suggested that you review the student budget with your spouse. Per federal regulations, the Financial Aid Office at Western University of Health Sciences is unable to make budget adjustments for students with dependents. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Packaging and Award Policy
Students at Western University of Health Sciences are packaged and awarded as independent graduate students. There are no Grants available to graduate students. Resources such as gift aid, scholarships, Military and the National Health Service Corps will be taken into consideration first when packaging and awarding students. All eligible students are then awarded in the unsubsidized loan and the balance in the Grad PLUS loan to meet the maximum of their budget.
Students are awarded the maximum allowable in the Federal Direct Loan program’s as per their program and the Department of Education.
Student budgets vary depending on length of enrollment and are subject to change.
Based on the 2020/2021 academic year, the following are estimated costs for full time students at Western University of Health Sciences by program and subject to change.
Use the following links to select the budget appropriate for your program:
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine Advance Standing International Dentist Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) (COMP-Northwest)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Doctor of Pharmacy – International (PharmD)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (PPDPT)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine – Advance Standing (DPM)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP)
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS)
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS)
- Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS)
- Master of Science in Nursing (ADN-MSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (BSN-MSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing/Entry (MSN-E)
- Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP)
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS)
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies(MSPAS)
For budgeting basics and a budget work sheet/calculator please select one of the following: