The Purchasing Department is authorized to negotiate and execute binding contracts with suppliers to maximize the University’s buying power and to ensure that the goods and services purchased provide the best value to the University. All purchases are to be made through Elixir, the University’s established purchasing system. Unauthorized commitments made by members of the faculty and/or staff are not binding on the University and supplier’s invoices covering these commitments may not be honored.
Requests for an exception to provisions of the policy must be documented in writing by the department head making the request and approved by the appropriate Budget Manager. The Purchasing Department will evaluate all requests for exceptions and make a recommendation for action. Requests for an exception to provisions of the policy must be documented in writing by the department head making the request and approved by the appropriate Budget Manager.
The Purchasing Department is committed to and responsible for reviewing all purchase transactions and issuing a purchase order to a vendor upon ensuring that:
- Funding is available for the purchase.
- The goods and services are appropriate for the University’s mission of educating medical students and providing community health care services.
- Goods and services are purchased at a cost that is fair, reasonable, and within the most efficient time frame possible.
- Goods and services are purchased in compliance with University-wide policy and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Correct financial and inventory data is entered into the University’s ERP systems (Elixir and Banner).
- Accepting Gratuities
- Amazon Returns
- Buy Used Equipment
- Competitive Bidding
- Enterprise Car Rental Instructions
- Non Competitive Rationale
- Ordering Controlled Substances
- Purpose of the Purchasing Department
- Quality Instant Printing 2019 Price List
- Software Applications Needed to Process Orders
The IT Department provides purchasing support for workstations, laptops, software, telephones, cell phones and audio visual equipment. Please submit a service request for IT/AV equipment by clicking here. All university technology-related purchases must be made in conjunction with IT.